Killing Moss

Discussion in 'Landscaping' started by Bill, Mar 15, 2012.

1. Bill

Bill New Member

Today my neighbor asked me how to kill moss. She has a yard full of it, and she finds it unsightly and annoying. It is strange that she has an abundance of it, but my yard does not. Anyway, what is the best way to get rid of the moss for good?

2. MrsGreenJeans

MrsGreenJeans New Member

Moss

I don't know how to go about killing moss, but I know I love it. It used to grow along stepping stones in our back yard, but I'm not sure what happened to it because it's all gone now. The difference between now and then is that we've had several trees fall during hurricanes, and there is much more sunlight there than when we first moved in.

3. Elanor

Elanor New Member

Moss taking over your yard can be caused by too much shade, poor pH balance, not enough fertilizer, or poor drainage. Moss is an indicator of an unhealthy lawn, but I like to see a little moss. I have heard that salt water kills moss, but I am not sure how logical this method would be on a large scale.

4. flowers39

flowers39 New Member

I would not want a yard full of moss that is for sure. I've actually never seen anything of the sort. Usually you see moss on trees and rocks. I would think she would need to dig it all up and then reseed her yard with grass seed.

5. Buddy Markley

Buddy Markley New Member

I know this is an old thread but I wanted to chime in here...Copper Sulfate kills moss.

Mix about 1/2oz to 10 Gallons of water.

Copper Sulfate is used to kill algae in pools as well

6. jhoncarter247

jhoncarter247 Member

Usually you see moss on trees and rocks. I would think she would need to dig it all up and then reseed her yard with grass seed. Copper Sulfate is used to kill moss.
    Landscaping coventry

Last edited: Jan 7, 2014
  7. Lanscape Gardner in Coventry. Landscaping Patio Astro Turf in Coventry Tamworth. Free quotations Call 07795432923 or visit dtmllandscape.co.uk

Landscapers Coventry, Landscape gardener Coventry, Decking Coventry, Garden makeovers Coventry, Artificial Grass Coventry, Artificial Grass Installers Coventry

8. wnicholas140

wnicholas140 Member

We are providing Artificial grass from GBP 9.99 Coventry Artificial Grass Suppliers Fitters Astro Turf Artificial Grass Samples more at fakingitgrass.co.uk

Artificial grass suppliers, Artificial grass installers, Artificial grass Coventry, Astro turf Coventry, Artificial grass Tamworth

9. Lanscape Gardner in Coventry. Landscaping Patio Astro Turf in Coventry Tamworth. Free quotations Call 07795432923

Visit:- dtmllandscape.co.uk

10. Chris Jensen

Chris Jensen New Member

Reduce soil moisture, improve the drainage and put fertilizer or ground cover.